Funny theme name: “Unnamed Lite“, isn’t it.
After my heavily customized theme Blocks have been pulled to pieces after my final optimization attempt, I’ve been looking for a theme, which does offer the features I like to have, without screwing around to much.
Theme Unnamed Lite seems to be my candidate so far. These are the following advantages I’ve found out so far: Continue reading
µTorrent is told to run on Linux through Wine. Well – version 1.8.3 does not, at least not for me. I’m using Jaunty Jackalope (9.04, x86_64), and the installation process just stops after the last button press.
The installation window disappears but doesn’t actually crash. The log on the console ends with these lines:
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_SECURITY_FLAGS; STUB
fixme:heap:RtlCompactHeap (0x5d0000, 0x0) stub
Unfortunately I haven’t found the reason, why it’s not working. But after a while I’ve just tried an older version (1.8.2), and it instantly start working right after the installation. Continue reading
GoogleMaps version 3.0 and higher won’t install onto Windows Mobile 2003 any longer. And that’s a pity, since the old devices like e.g. the HTC magician is a good companion for cycling.
The statement, that it doesn’t work took me a while to figure out. If you download a new GoogleMaps version (as of now 184.108.40.206) from e.g. Softpedia, C|NET or ZDNET, you will see a error message if you try to install this .CAB file onto your PDA running Windows Mobile 2003. But all of them claim, this version (220.127.116.11) is meant to be for Windows Mobile 2003 also. Continue reading
Mondo is an excellent backup tool for Linux, which can do a backup of a running system and afterward perform disaster recovery, if your system should ever crash.
It is open source and is part of the Debian repository. In order to install it just perform a Continue reading
Some time ago I wrote an article about renaming multiple filenames . Now it happened I needed to rename several subtitles for Star Trek Enterprise because, I’m using a self-made mplayer-wrapper script to load subtitles automatically. Therefor the subtitle filename, usually a Sub Rip Text (.srt) file from tvsubtitles have to be in a form like
The two according lines in my mplayer-vdpau wrapper script, which I use in My Media System (MMS) looks like this: Continue reading