Mplayer Fedora Compilation Problem

All of a sudden I couldn’t compile mplayer on my fedora8 box:

Linux moon #1 SMP Fri Oct 17 15:59:36 EDT 2008 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

I’ve tried to compile revision #27827, but it gave me after the make command always this (see below), no matter what I’ve tried.

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

and a really big bunch of undefined references.

I’ve installed ffmpeg and x264, and compiled mplayer like this:

./configure --disable-libavutil_a --disable-libavcodec_a --disable-libavformat_a

Then it worked. Since I’m not an expert, I don’t know what exactly I have done. However it’s working now.