I’ve recently upgraded successfully from Intrepid Ibex (8.10) onto Jaunty Jackalope (9.04) – Err – yes – I’m talking about Ubuntu, to be more precise, about Kubunu x86_64. The upgrade was quite a success, and actually the first one, after which my system was still usable, although I heavily screwed around in it.
Today I did it. I’ve upgraded my system from Intrepid Ibex(8.10) onto Jaunty Jackalope (9.04). My Ubuntu x86_64 installation offered me, as always, a couple of new packages for update, and as I wanted to update, a message box told me, I could do a whole system upgrade onto Jaunty Jackalope. So I did and it worked. I took a very long time (>1h), but I had no unpleasant surprises afterwards.
All special sources.conf entries in my apt-get config have been commented out, and I started from scratch using a new Ubuntu installation. Continue reading →