[UPDATE]This HOWTO works also for VMware-Server 2.0.2[/UPDATE], but after all I’ve migrated my VMs to KVM: Here’s a detailed HOWTO
I was trying to install the VMware server 2.0.1 x86_64 on my new Karmic Koala (Ubuntu 9.10, kernel 2.6.31-13) server, but I’ve got a bunch of errors. Looking for an any-any patch haven’t been successful, but I’ve found an discussion thread, where the problem was solved. Unfortunately it sucks a bit going through the links and threads. That’s why here is a short and clear HOWTO with an already fixed patch: Continue reading →
I’ve built the latest mplayer trunk (r29664) in order being able to play back 3gp videos with sound. All was fine and my 3gp videos had sound after I’ve installed the appropriate libraries, built and compiled the current mplayer version.
But after a while I’ve noticed, that mplayer, no matter how I’ve invoked it (with or without my mplayer-vdpau wrapper script for My Media System), played back my AVCHD footage from my Canon HF100 in slow motion (e.g. half speed), and the sound of course wasn’t in sync either. Continue reading →
I’m checking cyclic if the zero byte problem with the webcam application cheese is gone meanwhile.
So happened today, and no – it’s not. Since I really needed a stream badly today, I’ve looked again for a fix or workaround. But looking on the Internet for this bug reveals that this bug used to happen more often than one time. It’s sad, because I like this little nifty application.
And found only poor man’s workaround. Well, better then nothing. Continue reading →
[NOTE]Please drop a comment, if this article solved your problem. Many people are coming to this page having printing problems on Ubuntu 8.10, but I don’t know if the solution described on this page really helps. Thanks a lot.
I’m on Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex) now, and wanted to set up my printer, which actually is remotely connected to my server.
The Server is an Ubuntu 7.10, but with a very old (about 4y) samba config (smb.conf) and a freshly installed CUPS server. Originally it was a set up from the C’t Server project. I’ve tweaked the smb.conf a lot since those days, to keep this whole thing going. All was fine, even with my last client. It was an Ubuntu 8.04 installation. Continue reading →